We have put together a set of resources below. If you have any questions, please send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org
Resources for lawyers
- Court Approval
- Online vs print notices
- Which clients should advertise for creditors?
- A Lawyer’s Duties When Taking Instructions For A Will
- A Primer On Testamentary Dispositions
- How to Bring a Claim Against an Estate in Ontario
- Limitation Periods in Estate Litigation
- Testamentary Capacity
Resources for trustees (executors and administrators)
- Common Mistakes Made By Estate Trustees
- What If I Don't Want to be an Estate Trustee?
- So You’ve Just Been Appointed An Estate Trustee, Now What?
- How Long Can an Executor Wait Before Distributing an Estate?
- When You Definitely Need An Estates Lawyer
- Do I have to advertise for creditors?
- Executor checklist
- What to do if someone dies
Resources for Testators
- Holographic and Handwritten Alterations to Wills
- Marriage and the Revocation of Wills
- Photocopies of Wills
- Revocation of Wills
- Secondary Wills
- When can a will be signed by someone other than the testator?
- What happens when a will is lost or destroyed?
- Where to Store Your Will
Resources for funeral homes
Resources for creditors
- How to write a notice to creditors (with template)
- The law on estates: statutory notice requirements
- A Primer on Intestacy Laws in Ontario
- The Insolvent & Bankrupt Estate
- Unruly Estate Trustees and Lawsuits
- Does every will need to be probated?
- Electronic wills
- Formal requirements to make a will
- Powers of Attorney (POA)
- Taxation at Death